1. Ensure that you have performed your daily back-ups of your programs and data.
2. Locate your account user name and password. These should be found on your Tax Invoice for your update or support renewal. If not, contact us for your access codes.
3. Ensure that all running copies of CAPITAL are closed down. It is also recommended that you reboot your server computer before installing updates. If you don't do this and the software is unable to install, then simply reboot your server and start again.
4. On your main computer (server) go to this website and enter your user name and password:
5. Download the applicable software, such as 'CAPITAL Business Manager R12'.
6. Run the software. The software during the installation phase, will ask you to confirm the location of the software. Ensure this is correct. If you have not previously installed CAPITAL on this computer, it may default to:
Code: Select all
6a. Start CAPITAL
6b. From the main menu select Company|Administration|File Location
6c. The "Program Files Directory" will be the path you need to specify here.
7. Start the installation. This will take a few minutes to complete. After it has completed, the UPGRADE program will start automatically. Press the Upgrade button.
In the event that the UPGRADE program does not start automatically, locate your main ..\CAPITAL folder, and run it directly.
A database upgrade may take a while depending on the size of your database and the speed of your server. Once the database upgrade has finished, close the UPGRADE program and your upgrade has been completed.