|COBS Tech Support
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
|Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:35 pm Post subject: How To Install CAPITAL on a Local PC in a Shared Environment
|The following instructions describe how to install CAPITAL software on a local computer, but continue to access your shared database:
Note: It is generally not recommended to do this, as when you upgrade, you will need to repeat these steps for each computer that runs your CAPITAL software locally.
1. Launch the software.
2. From the software main menu select Company|Administration|File Location
3. CAREFULLY write down the EXACT path information found here:
|Data Working Directory: <path_information>
NOTE: If you do not correctly write down this information, you may be unable to restart your software.
1. Visit the CAPITAL web site here:
2. At the bottom of the page click on: 'Sign In' or click here:
3. Enter your user name and password and press Login
4. Download the applicable software via the presented link. For example click on 'CAPITAL Business Manager.'
5. Download and then run the software:
6. You may be prompted by Windows to confirm you wish to run an unidentified executable file. Reply with 'Yes'.
7. The 'Welcome' panel should appear. Press Next>
8. If you agree to the terms of the license agreement click on 'I agree to the terms of this license agreement' and press Next>
9. You will be prompted for the installation path. Enter a local path on your C drive. For example:
10. Press Next> until the installation commences.
11. Close the installer software and when the UPGRADE program opens, close it also, by pressing the 'Abort Upgrade' button.
12. Press Yes to confirm.
13. Launch the software.
14. From the software main menu select Company|Administration|File Location
15. Enter the path information you wrote down in Step 1, under:
|Data Working Directory:
Leave the other path information unchanged.
16. Press Open.
You will now be running the software locally but accessing your data from your network location.