|COBS Tech Support
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
|Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:49 pm Post subject: How To Force All Stock Items To A Specific Tax Category
|Stock items entered in CAPITAL inherit their tax category (GST free, inclusive, etc.) from the stock group assigned to them. If a stock group is not assigned to the item and the user entering stock forgets to assign a tax category code to the entered record, the record could unintentionally be invoiced without tax.
To avoid this issue it is possible to force all items not assigned a tax category explicitly, a particular rate. In this example tax rate 7 is assigned to all stock automatically when saved, if no tax rate was previously assigned to that item.
1. From the CAPITAL main menu select Special|Installation Workshop.
2. Log in with your administrator password.
Note: All users should be out of CAPITAL when performing this configuration change.
3. From the main menu select Build|Screen Builder.
4. Select 'Stock Control' if not already selected and press Open button.
5. If CAPITAL warns you that other running copies of CAPITAL are still open, ALT-TAB and close these down. Also close down any copies running on other computers.
6. Select File|Screen Script from the main menu.
7. Paste the following into the Screen Script window:
|If Mode = 3
8. Press Save button.
9. Select File|Exit and confirm saved changes to exit.