CAPITAL Office Business Software
CAPITAL Support Forum
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Windows XP and Windows 98 (database driver?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Operating Systems & Environments & Licencing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Windows XP and Windows 98 (database driver?) Reply with quote

We have always used Windows 98 with no problems. Recently I replaced two computers, the new ones having WindowsXP operating systems.

When using capital to create invoices etc on the XP machines I sometimes get messages like the network is busy and then the invoice becomes corrupted.

We are using the enterprise addition and the data is stored on a Win98 machine.

I have noticed that XP uses a different database driver (Visual Fox Pro data base driver) to access foxpro dbs. Could this be the problem. Does the VFP driver need to be loaded onto the windows 98 machine to let the XP machine access and modify the data successfully.

Thanks for your help.
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We no longer support Windows 98 with CAPITAL and haven't done so for several years now, however at the time of the launch of Windows XP there was technical information provided by various sources external to us, that warned against using Windows 98 as a 'server' when Windows XP systems were accessing such a 'server' as clients. We would suggest you upgrade your Windows 98 'server' to Windows XP also.

(The drivers you mention have nothing at all to do with the operation of our software.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> Operating Systems & Environments & Licencing All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

phpBB Template by Vereor
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP