|COBS Tech Support
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
|Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:35 am Post subject: Clearing A GL Period Using CAPITAL 7.41 & Above
|To clear a GL accounting period so that you may start over, the procedure is:
1. Make a back-up of your general ledger files or your entire company database.
2. Launch the general ledger.
3. Select from the general ledger menu, Journals|System Journal Batches.
4. Delete or reverse post any system batches that have been posted to the period you are intending to clear.
5. Select from the general ledger menu Journals|General Journal Batches.
6.Reverse any general journals that have been posted to the period you intend to clear.
7. From the main menu select File|Properties and click on the Special tab button.
8. Enter the period number to clear next to the Clear Period No: field.
9. Press the Clear button to clear the period.
You are now ready to run the End Period Wizard again for that period.
Note: In earlier versions of CAPITAL GL Controller, the traditional procedure was to create a reversing posting batch. That process has been superseded by the above procedure.