CAPITAL Office Business Software
CAPITAL Support Forum
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Create new company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> General Ledger/Financials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Create new company Reply with quote

I am trying to create a couple of new companies in Capital based on an existing company. The company creation itself worked fine. When running the Create General Ledger Wizard, I chose the “base on existing company” option:

The following screen does not show any existing companies to choose from:

What have I missed?
COBS Tech Support

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a template company that should be there called COMPANY. This should be in your ..\CAPITAL tree structure as ..\CAPITAL\COMPANY

First check if someone at some stage has removed it from its location.

The second possibility is, if you are running Corporate Edition, that ..\CAPITAL\COMPANY is there, but it's for some reason an Enterprise data file set, rather than a Corporate data file set, hence the Wizard is ignoring it. (Because of incompatibilities.)

Also depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to copy an existing (modified) general ledger from a live database then do this:

1. Grab all files beginning with GL*.* and copy into ..\CAPITAL\MYGL

2. Run the Wizard and you should be offered MYGL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CAPITAL Office Business Software Forum Index -> General Ledger/Financials All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

phpBB Template by Vereor
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP